Office Assistant Internship
Food Matters Manitoba is seeking an Office Assistant for an internship from April 2018 to August 2018. The Office Assistant will work to support the day to day operations of the Food Matters Manitoba Office. This internship is offered as part of Food Matters Manitoba’s Good Food Internship Program.
Internships pay $16.50 per hour (plus 4% vacation pay) for 30 hours per week.
• Handle email, phone and general organizational inquiries
• Complete office procedures such as filing, photocopying, and mailing
• Assist with bookkeeping tasks, including preparing invoices, expenses, reports, deposits,
and other funding or office requirements as required
• Assist with the development and implementation of office procedures and systems to
• Monitor and maintain office inventory and supplies
• Assist staff in maintaining the organizational contact database
• Assist in the coordination of logistics for Board meetings and other special events
• Enjoys working on a team but also works well independently
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Self-motivated and results oriented
Service Canada requires all applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) as of April 17, 2018
• A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee status has been
• Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and
• Not receiving Employment Insurance benefits
Thank you for your interest. Only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Those interested in applying for this position are invited to forward their resume and cover
letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject Line: Office Assistant) by 11:59PM on
April 20, 2018. Interviews will be held the week of April 22, 2018.
Please visit www.foodmattersmanitoba.ca to learn about other Good Food Internship
Food Matters Manitoba strives to be a safe and accessible workplace that celebrates diversity
and represents the community that we live and work in. We encourage individuals from
traditionally socially excluded groups to apply for the position.