Assiniboine Park is seeking a Veterinary Intern. This is an opportunity for graduate veterinarians to gain exposure to diverse aspects of zoological practice and to utilize their skills in the healthcare of captive wildlife.
Assiniboine Park is looking for candidates who have:
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree (or equivalent)
- A minimum one (1) year of post-graduate clinical experience
- Experience involving work with zoo(s) or exotic animals is preferred
- Eligibility for licensing as a veterinarian in the Province of Manitoba
The successful intern will:
- Support preventative and clinical animal care for a diverse collection of over 1500 animals representing 400 different species;
- Perform medical, surgical and pathological case management tasks;
- Assist in training and supervising veterinary staff, technicians and students;
- Research and review current literature to prepare presentations to staff and veterinarians.
This is a full-time position.
For more information and how to apply, please click here.