Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC), a leader in Canadian habitat conservation, is looking for a dynamic individual with a positive inspiring attitude, to join our National Education team.
As a National Education Coordinator, you will:
- provide leadership in the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of our action-oriented youth education programs, primarily our national network of our Wetland Centres of Excellence partnerships
- conduct training workshops for educators, students, partners and volunteers
- assist with strategic planning and goal setting towards achieving DUC’s conservation mission through education
- coordinate the development and delivery of education resources, including online content
- engage diverse urban and rural communities across Canada
- establish and manage relationships with partners, educators, students, funders, DUC staff and volunteers
- support education fundraising efforts
Your strong leadership and interpersonal skills will be essential as you communicate with various internal and external stakeholders and establish strategic partnerships. Your collaborative style and innovation will be assets while working with regional, communications and fundraising staff, as well as volunteers.
The successful candidate will be a creative thinker able to act on initiative with excellent oral and written communication skills, and an ability to network effectively and cultivate successful working relationships.
Your five years of experience in environmental education with a demonstrated understanding of conservation and sustainable development, will make you the ideal candidate for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, biology, resource management, communications or related field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including functional French
- Proficient in report writing, negotiating and delivering presentations
- Experience utilizing a variety of communication mediums, including social media and distance education tools.
- Ability to prioritize, and manage time effectively to maximize productivity and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Ability to travel nationally, as needed
This position will be based from our dog-friendly national headquarters at Oak Hammock Marsh (just north of Winnipeg, Manitoba).
How to Apply
Working for DUC is a career highlight for many staff. Let us know if making a difference is important to you.
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please visit our online career center to submit your application for confidential consideration – follow the links to sign-in and then click on “National Education Coordinator” in the Recent Job Postings section.
Closing deadline: March 12, 2018
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is the leader in wetland conservation. A registered charity, DUC partners with government, industry, non-profit organizations and landowners to conserve wetlands that are critical to waterfowl, wildlife and the environment. Learn more at ducks.ca.
While DUC would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
To see the original posting, please click here.