Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC), one of Canada’s leading conservation organizations, is looking for a confident, energetic and dedicated professional with strong outdoor field skills to join our team in Brandon, Manitoba.
As a member of our habitat conservation team, you will be responsible for providing GIS technical expertise including data collection and management, decision support, and cartographic products in consultation/collaboration with team members in support of habitat retention and restoration efforts in Manitoba. This position may also include some field data collection services.
You are self-motivated, enjoy a complex, changing environment, can manage numerous projects on tight deadlines and are able to build positive working relationships with staff and stakeholders.
Our ideal candidate is a detail-oriented individual with strong organizational, time management and interpersonal skills who is capable of seeing the bigger picture.
The successful candidate will also have an affinity to the outdoors, conservation and the world of waterfowl.
- Possess a technical diploma in GIS and/or university degree in geography, natural resources or related discipline or related experience
- Solid understanding and strong working knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS 10.x.
- Understanding of wetland mapping principles and air photo interpretation experience
- Be familiar with data creation, geoprocessing, geodatabases and metadata maintenance
- Knowledge cartographic principles (projections and datums)
- Excellent cartographic skills in developing various communication delivery products
- Experience with UAV systems would be an asset
- Ability to communicate both written and oral in a professional manner
- Ability to work well independently and also in a team setting while keeping others informed of your progress.
- A valid driver’s license is required
How to Apply
Working for DUC is a career highlight for many staff. Let us know if making a difference is important to you.
Please visit our online career center to submit your application for confidential consideration.
Closing deadline: March 9, 2018
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is the leader in wetland conservation. A registered charity, DUC partners with government, industry, non-profit organizations and landowners to conserve wetlands that are critical to waterfowl, wildlife and the environment.
Learn more at ducks.ca.
While DUC would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.