November 18, 2017 - 2:20 pm
251 Donald Street, Winnipeg
The City of Winnipeg is pleased to offer the next session in the Housing Speaker Series, which will focus on infill housing development. This important approach to development maximizes use of existing infrastructure, increases density and housing variety that supports local businesses and services, and often creates better opportunity to access a variety of transportation options. Infill development can also pose challenges for developers and requires that careful consideration be given to neighbourhood dynamics.
This session will explore the benefits and challenges of infill development, as well as experiences of those who have engaged in this process. It will be of interest to individuals and builders considering infill development, housing advocates, and the general public. Speakers will discuss the following topics:
- Infill development from a planning perspective and how it can benefit the city
- Infill development from a neighbourhood and community perspective
- Infill development from a homeowner perspective
- Infill development from a developer’s perspective
- Processes to follow for gaining approvals from the City for an infill development
Refreshments will be provided and seating is limited.
Title: Infill Housing Panel Discussion
Date: Saturday, November 18, 2017
Time: 1:00 – 3:00 pm
Location: Millennium Library (251 Donald Street), 2nd Floor – Carol Shields Auditorium
Registrants who require a sign language interpreter to participate, please advise us by Wednesday, November 15, 2017.