Reports To: Executive Director
This position performs executive level administrative duties, working very closely with the Executive Director, Leadership Team, and the Board of Directors, overseeing all outreach, logistics, and communication with the full Board of Directors and multiple Board committees. This position is responsible for all office management and associated tasks.
This role provides an excellent opportunity for a motivated self-starter to gain insight into an organization’s business processes and governance. The ideal candidate is self-directed, resourceful, and well equipped to manage multiple competing priorities, schedules, and timelines.
• Board of Directors support.
• Schedule, coordinate, and prepare materials for Board meetings and Board committee meetings.
• Coordinate board invitations, track attendance, and prepare venues.
• Record and prepare minutes of all Board and Board committee meetings.
• Track required approvals and ensure minutes are posted and in compliance with board governance mandates.
• Manage necessary and appropriate follow-up with involved parties.
• Work with Leadership Team and Governance Committee to schedule new Board Member orientation, confirm key content, solicit and send pre-reading materials. Ensure mandated governing policies, committee charters, and Board procedures are followed. Possess strong knowledge of Food Matters Manitoba’s bylaws and serve as point person for any needed updates. Assist in editing documents composed by the Executive Director and/or Board Chair, creating polished drafts to send to Board Members and external parties.
• Provide Board and staff meeting and event support.
• Manage expenses and report for Leadership Team members.
• Open mail and route it to the appropriate individual or department; deposit cheques received.
• Manage general office email and telephone inquiries.
• Record donations and prepare official tax receipts.
• Prepare office expense requisitions for submission to accountant.
• File and organize office and financial documents.
• Act as point person for office IT-related issues.
• Responsible for all office management and administrative functions.
• Perform additional administrative duties as assigned.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Enjoys exercising independence in work tasks, contributing to finding effective solutions and producing high quality work.
• Excellent oral and written skills and sophisticated use of technology.
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills. Ability to interact with diverse individuals across the economic spectrum with courtesy and tact.
• Exceptional, organizational and problem-solving skills, ability to exercise initiative.
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Strong attention to detail, accuracy and ability to juggle multiple priorities effectively.
• Experience in non-profit administrative work.
• Experience working with a Board of Directors.
• Event and meeting planning experience is a plus.
• Familiarity with Sumac or similar contact database is a plus.
• Occasional evenings and weekend work required.
• Valid Manitoba Driver’s License required.
Based in Winnipeg
Interested candidates may reply in complete confidence by submitting a resume with salary expectations to: email@example.com (subject line: Executive Assistant) before July 28, 2017.
No phone inquiries accepted from candidates or recruiting agencies. We appreciate your interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be notified.
Food Matters Manitoba strives to be a safe and accessible workplace that celebrates diversity and represents the community that we live and work in. We encourage individuals from traditionally socially excluded groups to apply for the position.