Executive Director, Manitoba Eco-Network
The Manitoba Eco-Network is a not for profit, registered charity, which has been connecting Manitoba’s environmental organizations and educating the public about environmental issues since 1984. Manitoba Eco-Network is a blend of program delivery and networking.
The program delivery functions currently include Climate Change Connection, Water Caucus, Manitoba Environmental Youth Network and Organic Lawn Care Program. Staff working on these programs partner with other organizations, makes presentations to schools and to the general public and advocate for positive environmental outcomes. Other activities include the annual Reel Green Festival, youth conferences, and display/outreach opportunities.
The networking functions include outreach with the member groups, information referrals, media requests and general communications. Manitoba Eco-Network is also the landlord of the EcoCentre , oversees the publication of the quarterly Eco-Journal and operates the Alice Chambers Memorial Library with the help of volunteers.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will be an accomplished and respected leader, responsible for the complete operation of the Manitoba Eco-Network in accordance with the vision, strategy and priorities as established by the Board in accordance with Provincial Legislation. This includes providing advice and support to the Board and reporting on issues and results.
The ideal candidate will have:
1. Professional designation appropriate to the position (or a combination of suitable education and experience). A relevant Graduate degree is desirable.
2. Proven ability to create an effective and positive work environment.
3. Demonstrated excellent workplace leadership skills in a complex work environment.
4. Proven experience in board relations pertinent to not-for-profit organizations.
5. Demonstrated understanding of financial/resource management principles and impact of decisions.
6. Professional and collaborative, with strong written and oral communication skills.
If you are interested in this position, please provide your resume and salary expectations in confidence to MENexecutivedirector@gmail.com. A copy of the complete position description is available upon request.