The HR Specialist will be responsible for supporting all human resource aspects across the International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD).
This is an ideal opportunity for a professional with expertise and experience in all aspects of human resource management including employee and organizational development. The HR Specialist will promote an open, respectful working environment, foster innovation, assist in standardizing job descriptions and performance measurements and other needs.
Working with leaders in each of our programs, the HR Specialist would assist in the timely completion of human resource related activities. The HR Specialist would also work to update existing policies for human resources and business processes.
As the HR Specialist becomes familiar with the roles at IISD, they would be expected to participate in a job design process at IISD that would seek to unify job roles/responsibilities, titles and compensation structure across our offices.
- Over five years work experience in human resource management.
- University or college education in Human Resources. Human Resource designation considered an asset.
- Expertise in recruitment, job design, performance management, and professional development.
- Delivery of development and training in a variety of formats including in person, remote and computer based.
- A patient and collaborative work style that supports supervisory roles in meeting employee evaluation timelines, development goals and baseline training needs.
- Exposure to human resource information systems, performance/evaluation management systems, evaluation using recorded video and with current communications technologies.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and attention to detail. Bilingual proficiency is an asset.
We welcome all candidates, however only those current eligible to work in Canada will be considered.
Closing Date January 10, 2017. We thank all applicants, however only those selected for the next stages will be contacted.