Whatever the distance, wherever the destination—our designs lead you there. Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of airport, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec’s Transportation Group has a term opportunity position for an Administrative Assistant to join our Winnipeg, MB office. This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated person who has experience supporting management personnel as well as executing project support services.
The person will take pride in meaningful and impactful work with our Transportation Group, maintaining confidentiality and strict ethical standards at all times. The term position is from approximately mid-January 2017 to April 2018.
Duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Proactively assisting our leadership team
- Typing reports, specifications, proposals, letters, meeting minutes and various other documents using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Compile, edit and proofread correspondence
- Attend meetings, document action items and initiate follow up
- Optimize information flow between internal departments
- Follow and maintain an organized filing system
- Plan and coordinate travel logistics and administer expense submissions
- File management, including creation of new files, filing and archiving
- Booking boardrooms and other appointments, using Microsoft Outlook Calendar
- Clerical duties including photocopying and maintaining office supplies
- Reception and other duties as required
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Post-secondary education relating to Business or Business Administration or a minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Strong attention to detail with experience in editing and proofreading documents
- Highly proficient in MS Office including Word, Power point, Excel and Calendar management
- Demonstrated writing skills, along with solid verbal communication
- Demonstrate superior organization, prioritization & critical thinking skills, with keen attention to detail & proven active listening skills
- Ability to work well as a team player under minimal supervision
- Experience working in the engineering field would be considered an asset
Click on the link below to apply: