The WRENCH (Winnipeg Repair Education and Cycling Hub) is a non-profit organization that strives to make bikes and knowledge of bicycle repair and maintenance accessible to the public by:
- Providing programming, education, and resources for community members, groups, and organizations
- Supporting and promoting bicycle sue within the city
- Supporting new and existing community bike shops
Through collaboration with community groups, schools, municipal representatives and individuals, The WRENCH:
- Provides access to cycling programming for youth groups, community organizations, agencies and schools
- Supports and increases the number and skill level of school and community mechanics and volunteers
- Empowers youth and other community members through mentorship, training, building
confidence and self-esteem
- Reduces waste by refurbishing and recycling bicycles and bicycle parts
The WRENCH is seeking a Co-Executive Director to provide organizational leadership and financial
planning and management of The WRENCH.
- Participate with the Board and co-ED to guide the continued growth of the organization.
- Identify, assess and inform the Board of internal and external issues that affect the organization.
- Foster effective team-work between the Board and the Executive Director, and between the Executive
Director and other employees.
- Act as a spokesperson for the organization, subject to the Board’s direction.
- Represent the organization at community activities to enhance the organization’s community profile.
Financial planning and management
- Work with staff and Board to prepare a comprehensive budget.
- Coordinate all aspects of fundraising, including developing foundation proposals, securing donations and
sponsorship, fundraising events, and donor recognition.
- Ensure that standard bookkeeping and accounting procedures are followed.
- Administer the funds of the organization according to the approved budget and monitor the monthly cash flow
of the organization.
- Provide the Board with comprehensive, regular reports on the revenues and expenditures of the organization,
including a monthly financial report.
Operational and program management
- Develop operational plans that work towards the strategic direction of the organization.
- Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of the organization’s programs and services.
- Ensure that the organization’s operation meets the expectations of the Board, funders and clients.
- Oversee the operation of the organization.
- Review existing policies and procedures and recommend changes.
- Support the Board by preparing meeting agendas and supporting materials.
- Deliver a monthly report to the Board, giving the status of each area of responsibility.
- Determine staffing requirements for the organization.
- Maintain a positive, healthy and safe work environment.
- Implement/Maintain a performance management process for all staff, which includes an annual performance review.
Community relations and advocacy
- Communicate with stakeholders to keep them engaged.
- Establish/Maintain good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups,
schools, youth groups, cycling groups, funders and other organizations to help achieve organizational goals.
- Act as media liaison for organization and arrange media & promotion for community events
- Ability to self-direct, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal communication and conflict management skills
- Experience working with non-profit/community organizations and boards
- Project management from conceptual design to final assessment
- Experience in fundraising and grant writing
- Familiarity with community bike shops and other local cycling organizations
- Awareness and sensitivity to issues of marginalization (sexism, racism, classism) and cultural diversity
- Familiarity with social enterprise funding
- Experience working with youth, Aboriginal and newcomer communities
- Experience building consensus within and between organizations
The successful candidate will be required to complete a child abuse registry check and criminal record check.
Application deadline: Friday, August 11, 2017
Annual Salary: $45,000 to $50,000, with benefits package
Start Date: ASAP
Please submit resume and cover letter to The WRENCH Hiring Committee to: email@example.com