Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is seeking a Director of Information Technology to provide leadership for a comprehensive renewal of its IT systems. The successful candidate thrives at the cutting edge of technological evolution; embraces change; and commands a nuanced understanding of organizational dynamics. Given the significance of this re-engineering initiative, the Director will be essential in the development of one of Canada’s most successful conservation organizations at a pivotal time in its history.
Since 1938, DUC staff and supporters have worked tirelessly to conserve wetlands, water and wildlife across Canada. Conservation efforts engage a mix of urban and rural communities, grassroots supporters, corporate partnerships, landowner relationships, scientific research, government relations and educational outreach. DUC is proud to be a people-focussed organization that builds on the strengths of its employees. The organization fosters a positive working environment with an engaged complement of senior leaders, staff and volunteers.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Director is responsible for overseeing all information technology systems. As a key player in the implementation of the new systems platform, the Director will offer innovative ways to solve problems through the transition period and beyond.
- Develop and direct DUC’s IT strategy, providing vision and leadership in all aspects of management and operations;
- Communicate a compelling vision for systems transformation. Ensure a smooth transition at each phase of development. Articulate technical requirements in a proactive and responsive manner;
- Champion a resourceful and innovative IT environment. Coach professionals to adapt from a systems application to a COTS deployment;
- Manage expectations and anticipate change while respecting long-term plans and overall vison;
- Adapt and troubleshoot changing technology issues to ensure reduced security risk and efficient function; and
- Collaborate with various stakeholders, IT professionals, colleagues, contractors, conservation groups, volunteers, and corporate partners.
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems and Technology or related discipline, advanced degree desired;
- 10+ years experience in progressively senior leadership roles within the IT field;
- 5+ years experience leading a team of managers/employees and/or contractors, with a firm grasp of group dynamics;
- Change management experience is essential, including success facilitating process, people and systems transformation;
- ERP and CRM software systems experience is essential; Microsoft Dynamics AX understanding is an asset;
- Software system implementation or solutions experience integrating new IT systems to build/expand capacity and increase enterprise/organization productivity.
This position will be based from our dog-friendly office at Oak Hammock Marsh (near Stonewall, Manitoba), the national headquarters for Ducks Unlimited Canada.
Individuals interested in this opportunity please send a cover letter and resume in confidence to Jen Iskierski, email@example.com quoting project #17109