We are currently seeking a Junior Environmental Scientist/Engineer for our Winnipeg, Manitoba office. The ideal candidate will provide support on various environmental projects throughout Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Ontario. This position will support a variety of contracts, focusing primarily on commercial clients. Duties will include task management, field sampling and investigations, technical report writing, and may require extensive outdoor work as well as frequent overnight travel. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Assists with a conduct environmental site assessment and remediation projects on behalf of our clients at sites throughout Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Ontario;
- Coordinate the schedules and activities of project sub-contractors;
- Perform assessment activities while being mindful of the policies and procedures to protect worker health and safety;
- Perform environmental soil and groundwater sampling;
- Prepare draft work plans for review by senior staff;
- Prepare environmental site assessment reports, under the guidance of senior staff
- A university degree or college diploma in Environmental Engineering or Science or related field (preferred);
- Previous environmental site assessment experience (soil and groundwater sampling, Phase 1 and 2 environmental site assessments, site remediation) is an asset;
- A strong desire to work as part of a team that is committed to projecting the health and safety of project participants;
- Must be able to life sample coolers and other equipment up to 50-60 lbs.
- A self-starter with a positive attitude and good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Valid driver’s license with a clean abstract
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.