Responsible for planning, developing all of the Organization’s communications strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal. Oversees development and implementation of support materials and services for programs in marketing, communications and public relations. Directs the efforts of the marketing, communications and public relations staff, and coordinates at the strategic and tactical levels with the other functions of the Organization.
Reports to: Executive Director and serves as a member of the Senior Leadership team
- Creating, implementing and measuruing the success of a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance the Organization’s image and position with Food Matters Manitoba’s Audience. Responsible for all marketing, communications and public relations activities and materials including social media management, media relations, client acquisition, etc.
- Ensuring articulation of Organization’s desired image and position, consistent communication of image and position throughout the Organization, and communication of image and position to all constituencies, both internal and external.
- Managing editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all organization publications.
- Act as the Organization’s primary contact with the media, Coordinate media interest in the Organization and ensure regular contact with target media outlets and appropriate response to media requests.
- Coordinating the appearance of all Organization print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc.
- Developing, coordinating and overseeing program resource technical assistance and resource materials to assist Organization programs in the marketing, communications and positioning of their activities.
- Providing counsel to program managers and staff on marketing, communications and public relations.
- Leading projects as assigned, such as cause-related campaigns and special events.
Planning and Budgeting
- Achieving marketing/communications/public relations mission, goals and financial objectives. Ensuring that evaluation systems re in place in relation to these goals and objectives, and reporting progress to the leadership team and Executive Director.
- Developing short- and long-term plans and budgets for the marketing/communications/public relations program and its activities, monitoring progress, insuring Organization-wide adherence and evaluating performance.
- Developing, implementing and monitoring systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the marketing/communications/public relations program.
- Staying up-to-date with developments in marketing, communications and public relations, not-for-profit management and governance, and the specific business of the Organization, using this information to help the Organization operate with initiative and innovation.
- Working with senior staff, other staff and volunteers to develop and maintain a strategic perspective based on organizational direction, program and services, and ensuring the overall health and vitality of the Organization.
- Helping to ensure that the Organization’s philosophy, mission and vision are pertinent and practiced throughout the Organization.
- Developing and coordinating regular input from the Organization’s key constituencies regarding the quality of programs and services and the Organization’s relevance.
- Formulating and administering policies, along with senior leadership team, to ensure the integrity of the Organization.
- Maintaining a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality personnel, both paid and volunteer.
- Recruiting, training, supervising, and supporting qualified personnel.
- Ensuring effective management with the marketing, communications and public relations strategy, with provision for succession.
- Designing, supporting and overseeing cross-functional teams throughout the Organization.
1 – 3 Direct Reports
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, or public relations preferred. Graduate degree in a related field is desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success, preferable in the not-for-profit or association sector.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities.
- Strong creative, strategic, organizational and personal sales skills.
- Experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, and supervising personnel.
- Demonstrated successful experience writing news releases, public speaking and communicating with media.
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print and online materials.
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft, Excel, Power Point, Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience using WordPress, Constant Contact and Graphic Design tools.
- Social Media Literacy
Interested candidates may reply in complete confidence by submitting a resume with salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org before January 20, 2017.
No phone inquiries accepted from candidates or recruiting agencies. We appreciate your interest; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be notified.