The Manitoba Eco-Network is a not for profit, registered charity, which has been connecting Manitoba’s environmental organizations and educating the public about environmental issues since 1984. Manitoba Eco-Network is a blend of program delivery and networking. More information on the mission and vision of the Manitoba Eco-Network can be found on our website.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Water Caucus Program Manager educates Manitobans about provincial water topics and issues, and provides feedback to government and other organizations about water issues. The Water Caucus Program Manager will be an accomplished and respected team member, with a strong background in program delivery and getting things done. A passion for the environment is what binds the staff at the Eco-Network together.
- Act as a spokesperson for the program and the Manitoba Eco-Network as a whole (e.g., with media, at public speaking events).
- Seek out a balance of multiple revenue sources for maximum financial sustainability.
- Seek out and prepare new funding proposals on an ongoing basis.
- Prepare an annual budget for the program and liaise with the Eco-Network bookkeeper to ensure that the overall budget for the program is adhered to.
- Prepare reports to funders meeting required deadlines.
- Supervise staff and volunteers as needed.
- Prepare new work plan annually or as required.
In Accordance with the annual work plan:
- Conduct public outreach, engagement and liaise with Manitoba community groups concerned with the program.
- Attend program related events on behalf of the Manitoba Eco-Network.
- Research program issues related to Manitoba.
- Organize and coordinate workshops on program issues.
- Update program website and send out electronic newsletter and maintain program social media.
- Work collaboratively with other program staff, the Executive Director, and other staff of the Manitoba Eco-Network.
- Ensure that filing and record keeping pertaining to project areas is kept up to date, and that necessary correspondence is maintained.
- Keep the Executive Director up to date on the status of the program work.
- Participate in activities that benefit the Manitoba Eco-Network as a whole.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-Secondary degree/diploma in Environmental Studies/Sciences or related fields, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Outgoing friendly approach.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Must have proven success in fundraising through special events, government grants, foundations and other donors.
- Strong Information Technology skills, ability to work with general office applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, etc.) and presentation applications (e.g. Microsoft PowerPoint, Prezi, etc.), including the ability to troubleshoot and learn new applications. Ability to work with varied forms of technology.
- Experience in event planning and coordination.
- Strong project management skills including time management and the supervision/management of staff/volunteers/interns.
- Have a thorough understanding of Manitoba water related issues and sustainability in general, and is familiar with the environmental groups that are involved with these issues in the province of Manitoba.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Familiarity with ecological principles, sustainable living, and environmental issues.
The following qualifications are not essential but are considered assets:
- Experience in marketing and social enterprises.
- Experience in the non-profit sector.
- Understanding of social/cultural diversity including the contributions and challenges of Canada’s Indigenous people and their role in the environmental movement.
- Fluency in both English and French or a local Indigenous language.
Hours and Pay:
This is a unionized, part-time maternity-leave position; salary is in accordance with the Collective Agreement.
Send your resume and cover letter detailing how you meet the qualifications to: firstname.lastname@example.org