Under the direction of the Program Manager of Fleet Management Agency, the Project Coordinator carries out project management and administration for projects relating to vehicle and equipment fleet management, projects relating to environmental issues and projects relating to alternative transportation fuels. The Project Coordinator is responsible for the execution, completion and implementation of capital projects, including planning, design, consultant selection, contract administration start-up and turnover. The Project Coordinator conducts detailed review and approval of deliverables from consultant and in-house resources to ensure optimization of programs. The successful incumbent is responsible for chairing project teams and advisory groups
As the Project Coordinator you will:
- Provide project management expertise and guidance to the Department to successfully complete and/or implement projects and departmental initiatives, while achieving the benefits of the investment.
- Develop and manage the procurement process which includes solicitation and contract administration tasks.
- Develop Business Cases per the City of Winnipeg investment planning manual.
- Coordinate the Design Management process.
- Coordinate the Project Turnover process.
Your Education and Experience includes:
- Bachelor Degree in a related field such as Commerce, Engineering, Architect, or Finance or an acceptable equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Post-Secondary education in Project Management would be desirable.
- 3-5 years of experience related to the duties listed above in Project Delivery, preferable in a Public Sector environment with a fleet vehicle and equipment focus.
- Previous success in leading projects including change initiatives, navigating complex environments and influencing desirable outcomes through positive and collaborative relationship management.
- Experience with supervision and management of design consultants and contractors.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills in order to be flexible and responsive to changing priorities and circumstances as well as ability to work on diverse projects simultaneously in stressful and fast paced environment.
- Previous experience managing and leading projects including organizing, coordinating, planning, and maintaining schedules and controlling a large number of projects.
- Working knowledge of building and building systems design and operations, site development, construction, logistics, and current construction practices.
- Knowledge of standards, codes, legislation, and environmental requirements applicable to municipal and public facilities.
Conditions of employment:
- A Criminal Record Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the applicant(s) or successful candidate(s), at their expense.
- Applicants may be required to undergo testing to determine their knowledge, abilities and skills as they relate to the qualifications of the position.
Closing date: Feb. 8, 2017
For full information on how to apply please visit: