Manitoba Parks is looking for an energetic and creative individual with a gift for engaging audiences and a passion for our environment and cultural history.
Park Interpreters provide guided experiences and programming for park visitors, connecting them to our natural features and cultural history. The Senior Park Interpreter at St. Norbert Provincial Heritage Park is responsible for the delivery of guided tours of the heritage buildings; trail walks, campfires talks, school programs and special events, and supervises junior staff. Guided tours of the Trappist Monastery ruins may also be delivered.
- Completion of some post-secondary education in biological/natural sciences, natural resources management, education, Indigenous studies, history, recreation, or tourism; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience in the field of interpretation, including developing and delivering interpretive programs using a variety of techniques.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to interact effectively with visitors of all ages
- Strong verbal communication skills including experience conducting public presentations.
- Experience using Microsoft Office and iOS devices.
- Effective written communication skills.
- Effective organizational skills with the ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of Manitoba’s flora and fauna.
- Knowledge of the culture and history of Manitoba
- Knowledge of policies, rules and regulations related to Manitoba provincial parks that affect park visitors.
- Supervisory Experience.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must be physically able to perform the duties of the position including: working in various types of outdoor conditions, hiking trails, moving and lifting items of up to 30 lbs.
- Must possess and maintain a valid full stage Manitoba Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Must be willing and able to work evenings, weekends, statutory holidays and shift work.
- Must be bilingual (French and English)
Mandatory training may require travel and overnight accommodation.
Click HERE for full details