About the Business Line – Environment
Our team of environment specialists offers clients expertise in air quality, impact analysis and permitting, environmental health and safety management consulting/due diligence, remediation consulting/engineering and construction/site restoration, specialty and emerging technologies, waste services and water and natural resources.
AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Terrestrial Ecologist for immediate employment in the Winnipeg Office.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide terrestrial assessments to inform environmental assessment permitting applications, environmental screenings and environmental baseline monitoring programs
- Design field programs for terrestrial baseline assessments, and monitoring programs to support environmental assessments
- Field data collection
- Preparation and presentation of technical reports, presentations; and proposals
- Attending meetings with stakeholders, communities, clients, regulators and provincial and/or federal agencies
- Conduct interviews with stakeholders as a part of establishing environmental baselines
- Collaborate with other disciplines to guide planning and design processes
- University degree (or equivalent) in biology, ecology, environmental sciences, environmental studies or a related discipline.
- 2+ years of experience, or a relevant combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of ecosystem sciences, terrestrial ecology, and environmental planning
- Knowledge of environmental assessment methods, and application environmental legislation (both provincial for Manitoba, and federal)
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong technical writing skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Valid Manitoba Driver’s License
- Graduate degree
- Professional certifications and/or designations (such as Registered Professional Biologist in Manitoba)
What We Offer:
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It’s a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world’s most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It’s a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It’s what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
Requisition/Vacancy No. 145485BR
Position Title: Terrestrial Ecologist
Job Category: Planning
Business Line: Environment
State/Province/Region: CAN – Manitoba
City – Winnipeg