The International Institute of Sustainable Development (IISD) is one of the world’s leading centres of research and innovation. IISD provides practical solutions to the growing challenges and opportunities of integrating environmental and social priorities with economic development. We report on international negotiations and share knowledge gained through collaborative projects, resulting in more rigorous research, stronger global networks, and better engagement among researchers, citizens, business and policy-makers.
IISD is currently seeking a new Website/Digital Manager to work in our Winnipeg office. This role will be responsible for managing existing web pages and digital properties and advising on the development of new ones. Reporting to the Director of Communications, the role will work closely with a group of communications specialists, both employees and outside freelancers, including a publishing manager, communications officers, a software developer, freelance editors and other outside website designers.
- Lead in the development and maintenance of IISD’s websites and digital properties, providing direction and guidance to internal and external designers, developers and programmers when needed.
- Serve as the principal adviser for the development of new web pages and/or overhauls of existing pages.
- Work collaboratively with communications team on online marketing projects ranging from SEO to social media/email marketing.
- Ensure website functionality and perform software updates, ensuring domain registration and hosting are current.
- Use analytics software to monitor, assess and report on digital performance and advise on best practices based on analytics.
- Develop and/or update content, as needed.
- Ensure brand coherence and compliance with existing IISD communications practices across all IISD websites (new and existing).
- Expert in web content management systems (WordPress and Drupal a must), including template development and design.
- Extensive experience with Adobe Creative Suite, in particular, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Experience designing for multiple digital formats including smartphones, tablets and desktop.
- Working knowledge of web design standards and UX principles.
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS and PHP.
- Demonstrated ability to execute information architecture of complex taxonomies, metadata frameworks and templates for content management systems
- Basic server administration skills
- Familiarity and experience with web-based social media tools.
This is a 6 month term position with possibility of extension, located in our Winnipeg office.
Application deadline is July 28, 2017.