Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC), one of the country’s leading conservation organizations, is seeking two highly motivated students to fill the summer Wetland Conservation Technician positions in The Pas, Manitoba.
Day-to-day operation and maintenance of DUC’s water control structures, assisting with engineering and biological inspections, data entry and various other duties.
This position involves physical work, heavy lifting and outdoor work in all weather conditions.
- Preferred Education: Natural Resource Management or similar post-secondary education
- Available for work May 2 to August 25, 2017
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Pleasure Craft Operator Card
- First Aid/CPR
- Familiar with MS Excel and Word
- One position is based on funding where the successful candidate must be a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full time basis in the next academic year
Experience with boats, chainsaws, ATV’s, working near water and GPS skills will be considered assets.
The successful candidate will also have an affinity to the outdoors, conservation and the world of waterfowl.
How to Apply
If you’re a conservation-minded individual who is interested in this opportunity, please submit your cover letter (including salary expectations) and resumé for confidential consideration to the attention of:
Ducks Unlimited Canada
The Pas, MB
Please quote “Summer Student – The Pas, MB” in the subject line of your application.
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is the leader in wetland conservation. A registered charity, DUC partners with government, industry, non-profit organizations and landowners to conserve wetlands that are critical to waterfowl, wildlife and the environment. Learn more at ducks.ca.
While DUC would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.