Share your passion and experience for cycling with the University of Manitoba students, staff and community by being the inaugural Coordinator for the new Bike Kiosk at the University of Manitoba, to be opened Spring 2017.
This is a brand new facility at the Fort Gary Campus, with phased – in growth planned. The successful candidate is driven, patient, flexible and open-minded.
We are looking for someone with enthusiasm, commitment, mechanical aptitude, and a true ambassador of cycling in Winnipeg. If you are a team player, great with people and bikes, consider applying today. Include your salary expectations in your cover letter. Position would start prior to facility opening.
Position Reports to: General Manager
- Maintain a clean and organized environment – tools, parts, customer records, daily deposits
- Managing part-time staff and a team of volunteers
- Managing outreach and educational goals of the Bicycle Kiosk.
- Previous bicycle repair experience required – wheel building, truing, repair & change tires, brakes, crank arms, derailleurs, chains; suspensions of a wide variety
- Plan and host regular outreach events and workshops related to bicycle repairs, maintenance, safety, group rides; participate in community bike events
- Pursue grants, sponsorship and fundraising opportunities, and oversee the budget for the Kiosk
- Experience repairing bicycles
- Problem solver, ability to multi-task & quick thinker
- Outgoing, loves helping others
- Experience managing people – staff or volunteers
- Excellent communication skills
- Retail Experience in a service or repair setting
- Experience managing budgets
Identify salary requirements in cover letter
Commensurate with Experience
37.5 hours per week
Interested applicants should forward their cover letter & resume to:
Bike Kiosk Coordinator Selection Committee
University of Manitoba Students’ Union Room 101 University Centre
University of Manitoba Winnipeg MB R3T 2N2
Fax (204)269-1299 E-mail: email@example.com
Application Deadline: February 16, 2017 4:00pm
Click on the link below for more information: