Winnipeg Harvest is a fast-paced and energetic workplace with employees that care about the work that we do and the communities that we serve. As a not-for-profit, community-based organization, our goal is to collect and share surplus food with people who are hungry and to offer training opportunities to help people step up and out of poverty. Our ultimate goal is to eliminate the need for food banks in our community.
The Junior Gardening Associate’s objective is to engage with community members and provide a hands-on learning experience about gardening and food through a variety of activities.
• Provide tours of the Community Garden
• Assist in presenting information and engaging Team Members and Community Members in urban gardening
• Assist with gardening projects, such as workshops and speakers
• Assist in networking with other agencies that are developing and implementing urban garden initiatives
• Assist in the day to day maintenance of the garden space with the help of Team Members and groups
• This position is for youth between the ages of 15 and 29 years of age
• You believe in the dignity of all humans and have a caring, positive attitude
• Ability to work effectively as a team member in a fast-paced environment
• Exceptional interpersonal, written and oral communications skills
• Strong organizational and administrative abilities
• Post-secondary education and additional language(s) are assets
• Ability to pass a Criminal Record Check
• Commitment to the organization’s vision of accessible, healthy and sustainable food for all
Hours of Work:
This is a summer position totaling 200 hours, to be worked from end of May to end of August 2018.
If you are looking for a fantastic summer position sharing your love of gardening with the public, this position might be right for you!
Application deadline is May 30, 2018 @ 4PM
Please send Resume and Cover Letter to:
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.