Program Mentor – Root Connections
(Mentor for Women)
About the Role
Ka Ni Kanichihk is seeking a Program Mentor who is a passionate creative supporter, who will be responsible for mentoring and supporting Indigenous female youth ages 12- 17 who are involved in or associated with youth street gangs and who are involved in the criminal justice system in Winnipeg.
Our Ideal Candidate
Has a commitment to the strengths and values of Indigenous knowledge, cultural reclamation, and traditional practices.
What We Need
We need someone who has strong working knowledge and experience in the Wraparound service delivery approach including experience working with gang involved/affiliated Indigenous female youth. You have excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills, and you know how to work with people where they’re at. You can maintain program administration including case management, referrals, meeting with collaterals, and writing reports. You are organized and can plan and coordinate weekly engagement activities that provide positive recreational and social opportunities for your participants.
What You Bring
Undergraduate degree or diploma in Social Sciences, Community or Health Sciences, or relevant post-secondary education.
- Three (3) years’ experience working with Indigenous youth
- Experience in Crisis Counselling and Outreach, and knowledge of traditional healing practices
- Knowledge in community development and advocacy, as well as community resources
- Strong understanding of trauma informed care
- Experience working with high risk populations
- Knowledge, identification and assessment of risk factors
- Strong morals and ethics, along with a commitment to staff and participant privacy Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office
- Must be prepared to work 40 hours a week with flexible hours including days, weekends, and evenings
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Ka Ni Kanichihk employees enjoy:
Comprehensive Benefits including Health and Dental * Long-Term Disability * Life Insurance * Employer Contributed RRSP * Employee and Family Assistance * Training and Development opportunities * Free on-site parking * Employee appreciation events * Candidates are required to provide a current Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry Check, a valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle, and a driver’s abstract.
Ka Ni Kanichihk is committed to achieving employment equity; therefore candidates are encouraged to indicate in their covering letter if they are of Indigenous ancestry.
The posting will remain open until filled with first review of applications beginning immediately.
Please send the following in on attachment: Resume, Cover Letter, and three work related references to:
Human Resources Administrator
Ka Ni Kanichihk Inc.
455 McDermot Ave.
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3A 0B6