The A Rocha Pembina Valley Interpretive Centre (ARPVIC) is a Christian organization which, inspired by God’s love, engages in environmental education and conservation projects. Our vision is to see inspired people explore, understand, and enjoy creation, and to realize their place in it.
This position is intended as a ten-week position (May 15th – July 21st) for a university student to provide experience, training and meaningful work over the spring and summer. It will involve a variety of activities in educating youth and adults, groundskeeping, and conservation. Compensation will be $12/hr. If desired, the programming assistant may live on-site in the Guesthouse.
Duties & Responsibilities:
– Help facilitate educational programming for school groups and other groups visiting the Centre
– Assist in planning and facilitating major educational events such as our Spring Bird Count and the Pembina Valley BioBlitz and a day camp for youth.
– Greet and guide visitors to the Centre
– Trail grooming, groundskeeping and habitat management
– Work collaboratively with the ARPVIC leadership team and attend team meetings
– Help provide leadership to volunteers
– Keep records of relevant financial transactions, answer emails and telephone messages
– Must have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and be returning as a full-time student in the upcoming academic year
– Support and articulate A Rocha’s mission, vision and core values
– Possess a clear Christian faith commitment and understanding of creation care theology
– Provide a criminal record check before beginning work
– Demonstrate leadership and organizational competencies
– Ability to operate small tools and equipment
– Passion for the ARPVIC vision of caring for all creation – including people and their physical, emotional and spiritual needs
Hours of Work:
– This is a 40 hours per week position that entails working weekdays and some weekends and evenings in addition to participation in special events as required.
How To Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
* This position is subject to grant funding