"A civilization flourishes when people plant trees under which they will never sit."
-- Greek Proverb
There are three ways to join the Manitoba Eco-Network:
Open to any individual. Membership benefits include:
- A subscription to the Eco Journal, a quarterly publication featuring issues and perspectives not usually found in mainstream media.
- A monthly E-Bulletin of environmental events, resources and news.
- Discounted advertising rates for the Eco-Journal
- A charitable tax receipt for your membership fee (Charitable Reg. #12844 6846 RR0001)
Individual membership fees also support our information and referral services, environmental resource library, outreach programs and Network of Environmental Groups. A donation can be added to the membership payment for an additional tax receipt.
Open to any non-governmental, non-profit group which has as one of its objectives the enhancing or furthering of environmental quality, protecting the environment or environmental education (subject to approval by the Manitoba Eco-Network Steering Committee).
The services we provide to our Member Groups include:
- Networking with other environmental organizations in the province.
- Referrals from the media, government and public on issues relating to your group.
- E-Bulletins containing environmental news, opportunities and events.
- Access to resources such as media contact lists and funding guides.
- Promotion of your upcoming events and announcements.
- A complimentary copy of our publication, the Eco Journal
- Opportunity to share information on current activities through the Eco-Journal
- Use of our meeting space and equipment
- Discounted advertising rates for the Eco Journal
- Promotion of your group through our outreach activities and at our events
- Referral of potential volunteers to your organization
- Access to an environmental resource library containing books, journals, DVDs/Videos as well as a public registry of development proposals
- Opportunity to nominate a representative to the MEN Steering Committee
Open to organizations that do not qualify for group membership, such as businesses, government agencies or corporations.
An associate membership includes:
- Subscription to the Eco Journal, a quarterly publication featuring issues and perspectives not usually found in mainstream media.
- Opportunity to share current activities, commentary on current issues, and more through the Eco-Journal
- Subscription to the Eco Bulletin, a monthly email featuring news, action opportunities, jobs, and other Manitoba environmental resources.
- Discounted Eco Journal advertising rates
- Promotion of your events, services, and more through our monthly bulletins, Eco Journal, website, and social media.
- Recognition on our website and a periodical spotlight in our monthly bulletins, Eco Journal, website, and social media.
For more information, contact our Coordinator.