Trailblazers Life Choices Inc. is a non-profit organization committed to providing services for adults living with disabilities. Trailblazer currently serves more than 120 people in supported employment, volunteering, work experience, and recreation activities all with the goal of community inclusion.
The people with disabilities – and those who care for them – to achieve their goals and live life to the fullest. The Program Coordinator is responsible for developing and facilitating recreational groups and programs which meet the social, emotional, cognitive, and physical needs of the participants in the Trailblazers Adult Day Program.
This role requires an individual that is able to support the program and team with:
- High Work Standards: work ethic, attention to detail, time management, task completion, consistency, follow up, coaching, patience, influencing and modeling professional behavior
- Personal Management/ Development Skills: accountability, self-management, stress tolerance, flexibility, creativity, initiative, working in teams or independently, problem solving, openness, willingness to learn, receives feedback
- Professional Skills: interpersonal and communication skills, influencing, collaboration and the ability to establish effective relationships/trust with others, within professional boundaries
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- To build a positive team environment through the demonstration of good communication, interpersonal skills and peer support.
- To plan and facilitate regular and effective team meetings and professional development opportunities
- To conduct and monitor monthly supervision for staff
- To support recruitment and HR processes, including orientation, supervision and performance management of staff and volunteers
- To make decisions in accordance with Trailblazers policy regarding workloads, resources and safety
- To participate in activity within the program to strengthen quality service delivery
- To manage program resources and information to achieve planned outcomes
- To prepare, submit and evaluate proposals to Programs Manager for approval
- Service programs, projects and plans to meet service objectives and corporate plan
- To monitor and respond to incidents and their relevant reporting mechanisms
- Approve timesheets and vacation applications
- Payroll – submit staff timesheets and complete timesheet summary
- Ibex – Ensure that daily pay matches the timesheet summary (weekly)
- Ibex – Create biweekly schedule
- Work closely with Transportation Coordinator
- To coordinate accurate recording of client fees and follow up outstanding debts as they arise
Qualifications & Experience:
- Optimally, three year’s experience in a related role and supporting individuals with disabilities.
- Disability and Community Support Diploma preferred
- A good understanding of the Vulnerable Persons Act.
- Satisfactory Child and Adult Abuse Registry check
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check (vulnerable sector search)
- Satisfactory Drivers’ Abstract and License
- First Aid and CPR certificate and Non Violent Crisis Intervention certificate
- Demonstrated language, writing, comprehension skills
- A safe and reliable vehicle and proof of appropriate insurance on vehicle
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.20 to $23.20 /hour
To view original posting please click here