Turning Leaf Is a non-profit charitable organization dedicated to providing tailored, person-centered support and supports to adults living with an intellectual challenge or mental illness.. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to utilize their experience and crisis resolution skills to move the organization to the next level!
Reporting to Community Support Case Managers and Community Support Supervisors, the Critical Response Coordinator will provide crisis intervention and support to participants who live within the community in various living arrangements.
The Critical Response Coordinator will work directly with our participants in resolving crisis, helping set goals and making healthy life choices. The Critical Response Coordinator will also work closely with the Community Support Case Managers and Supervisors to observe, plan, implement and execute programs and activities that promote and encourage learning and development in daily living, social and life skills.
- Cover letter and updated resume
- 18 years of age or older
- Available anytime 35 – 40 hours per week (Full time)
- Clear Criminal Record Check, Adult Abuse Registry Check and Child Abuse Registry Check (no older than 3 months)
- Orientation to Protection and Guide to the Vulnerable Persons Act training
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention training
- Valid First Aid/CPR certification
- Completion of a Post-Secondary education in Human Services (Certificate, Diploma or Degree) is considered an asset.
- Minimum five or more years of crisis intervention experience
- Must have the ability to lift 50lbs; May be required to restrain if necessary and physical strength will be a component
Qualities and Qualifications
The Turning Leaf Critical Response Coordinator must possess the capacity to be aware of and control one’s own emotions. Moreover, the Critical Response Coordinator must be able to handle interpersonal relationships judiciously, empathetically and professionally while executing their responsibilities and providing Turning Leaf’s person-centered supports. In addition, the Critical Response Coordinator must possess demonstrated experience with the following:
- De-escalating aggressive behaviour.
- Aptitude towards managing crisis.
- High conflict resolution skills.
- Working with adults who are living with an intellectual challenge, mental illness, addictions and those who are in conflict with the law.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Extensive experience with NVCI principles and the associated restraint techniques
Critical Response Coordinator Benefits
- Health benefits.
- GRRSP program (optional).
- Paid sick time, bereavement leave and compassionate care leave.
- Mileage reimbursements.
- Overnight premium.
- Paid training (First Aid/CPR, NVCI, VPA etc…).
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program).
Job Type: Full-time
- Crisis Intervention: 5 years
To view full posting please click here