Instructors are responsible for the development and delivery of culturally relevant curriculum and for evaluation of student performance relating to their teaching assignments. Instructors will also assist with assigned activities including University College promotion, student recruitment, and various program administrative functions. The incumbent will ensure that the functional areas under her/his control comply with the Workplace Safety and Health Act and all applicable UCN policies and procedures.
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in a natural resources management discipline (e.g. Forestry, land management, ecology, wildlife/fisheries management, etc.)
- Experience with tools and technologies employed by technicians in the natural resources related fields
- Significant field and practical experience within natural resources related management field
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Strong teamwork skills
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Excellent computer skills and fully functional in the MS Office Suite software tools
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Experience in public relations
• Demonstrated ability to understand and to deal with issues specific to Aboriginal learners and mature students in northern communities
• Personal experience and/or knowledge and understanding of the Aboriginal cultures
- The ability to speak an Aboriginal language
• Experience in instructing adult learners
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
• Must be able to travel to and work in field sites and remote camps
Applicants must provide a cover letter, résumé, and references with their application.
Applicants must demonstrate on their résumé how they meet the qualifications.
Representative Workforce (formerly employment equity) is a factor in the selection process. Preference will be given
to Aboriginal candidates. Applicants are invited to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the
following groups: Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, or women and men in non-traditional
roles. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given
Competition Number: 18-068
Closing Date: July 20, 2018
Salary Range: $31.40 to $46.64 hourly, plus remoteness allowance
To view the original posting and to apply, please click here.