JOB OPPORTUNITY: Assistant Manager, Animal Welfare Advocacy & Education
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Marketing Education & Volunteer Services, the Assistant
Manager, Animal Welfare Advocacy and Education is expected to pursue the established duties
working collaboratively with the Education Team and coordinating use of space with other areas
as needed. The Assistant Manager, Animal Welfare Advocacy and Education is responsible for
developing educational materials, school programs and events reaching people of all ages
consistent with the mission, philosophy and values of The Winnipeg Humane Society with the
objective to create constructive dialogue between all stakeholders while promoting humane
consumer choices. The position is responsible for ensuring staff support to the WHS Farm
Animal Compassion Committee.
(Please note candidates who do not meet minimum qualifications will not be interviewed. You must
provide examples of how you meet the minimum requirements either in your cover letter or resume)
• At least 2 years’ experience in an animal advocacy or humane education role.
• Preference will be given to individuals with University education related to the field of
work (veterinary medicine, education, sociology, political science and/or other
• Strong track record in improving animal welfare through educational program delivery,
preferably in a curriculum-based context.
• Demonstrated experience in the development of external networks.
• Demonstrated experience in delivering school programs.
• Access to a vehicle and valid Manitoba driver’s license.
• Strong organization, research and program development skills.
(These qualifications will enhance the candidate’s chances of being offered the position but are not
• Knowledge of companion animals, their care and animal welfare issues.
• Strong desire to work with children and respect for their needs.
• Encompass a genuine commitment and compassion for animals and their welfare.
• Ability to independently manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience applying for, responding to, and providing appropriate outcome reports to
If You Are Interested, We Want To Hear From You:
The WHS offers a competitive salary and benefits package within the non-profit sector.
Please submit your cover letter and resume no later than Friday, March 23, 2018
To view the original post, please click here.