Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC), a leader in Canadian habitat conservation, is looking for a personable and energetic Accountant to join our Fundraising team.
The Accountant will be responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory standard costs, inventory tracking and write-offs for several business lines. In this position, you will also:
- process invoices, PO’s, journal entries, cash receipts and POS transactions
- assist with financial analysis, budgets and projections
- monitor purchase and expense transactions
- identify and deal with supplier or invoice issues
- maintain strong relationships with suppliers and other stakeholders
- ensure accurate inventory records
- identify and recommend process improvements
You are a self-motivated individual with a positive, “can do” attitude, who thrives in a fast-paced environment. You are a reliable team player with strong organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
You exercise strong initiative and sound judgment. You are an energetic collaborator who believes in delivering the best customer service possible and you must be able to cultivate solid relationships with many people.
This position will be based from our dog-friendly national headquarters at Oak Hammock Marsh (just north of Winnipeg, MB).
- Minimum 3 years of experience in financial/accounting support and basic understanding of financial accounting practices; a certificate/diploma in office administration, business administration, accounting or related field would be asset.
- Excellent internal/external customer service with strong oral and written communication skills
- Above average proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive & Outlook
- Detail-oriented and able to prioritize workload
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Can work independently (and as part of a team) and able to meet strict month end reporting deadlines
- Working knowledge of Dynamics 365 would be an asset
The successful candidate will also have an affinity to the outdoors, conservation and the world of waterfowl.
HOW TO APPLY
Working for DUC is a career highlight for many staff. Let us know if making a difference is important to you.
Closing deadline: December 6, 2019 (EST)
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is the leader in wetland conservation. A registered charity, DUC partners with government, industry, non-profit organizations and landowners to conserve wetlands that are critical to waterfowl, wildlife and the environment. Learn more at ducks.ca.
While DUC would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.