Green Action Centre Seeks an Administrative/Accounts Assistant for our Social Enterprise Operations
Green Action Centre seeks a dynamic, personable, administrative assistant to work with our social enterprise, Compost Winnipeg.
Green Action Centre is a non-profit, non-governmental organization, based in Winnipeg and serving Manitoba. We promote greener living through environmental education and encourage practical green solutions for homeowners, workplaces, schools and communities. In 2016, we launched the social enterprise Compost Winnipeg, a fee for service operation that offers compost collection services to offices, food vendors and households in Winnipeg. Our operation has grown quickly and we are currently working to improve our administrative and customer service systems to help manage growth.
In cooperation with other Compost Winnipeg and Green Action Centre staff, the Administrative/Accounts Assistant has the following duties and responsibilities:
– Create, maintain and monitor customer invoices, customer subscriptions and accurate billing records;
– A/R account reconciliation and customer collections;
– General bookkeeping and administrative duties, including data entry, mail and customer service;
– Generate management reports from financial software as required;
– Drafting and distributing documents, letters, and various correspondence;
– Promotion and marketing of Compost Winnipeg services;
– Fielding customer inquiries by phone and email;
– Participate in the ongoing and continuous improvement of administrative and financial information systems and processes.
Must be reliable and able to work without close supervision. Key qualifications include:
– Two or more years experience in a customer service/administrative role;
– Bookkeeping experience and/or formalized bookkeeping/accounting training is required;
– Strong communication skills in english both written and verbal;
– Self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented with superior interpersonal skills.
– Experience using cloud-based software applications (Zoho & Google platforms) for the management of client accounts and operations is highly desirable;
– Demonstrated ability to take creative risks with an entrepreneurial spirit and mindset for change;
– Strong organizational management;
– Able to work well with others and independently;
– Knowledge of composting or willingness to learn.
Starts Monday June 3, 2019.
This is a one-year term with the possibility of continued work.
Salary ranges from $28,000 to $32,500 annually. 35 hours per week. Health and benefits program after 3 month probationary period.
Position reports to the Compost Winnipeg Project Manager. A criminal record check is required.
Friday May 10, 2019 4PM CDT.
Submit a resume, cover letter and two references to Kelly Kuryk via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.