About the position
Job Title:Environmental Marketing Coordinator Manitoba Eco-Network
Rate of Pay:21.00
The Manitoba Eco-Network (MbEN) is a not-for-profit registered charity, which has been connecting Manitoba’s environmental community and educating the public about environmental issues since 1984. MbEN is a blend of program delivery and networking.
The Environmental Marketing Coordinator supports all aspects of fundraising and outreach activities of MbEN, including existing programs, research, and community engagement projects. Duties include coordinating our communications/outreach, implementing our fundraising strategy and building our membership and contact database. The Coordinator will work closely with the Executive Director and various committees of MbEN Board.
• Professional designation appropriate to the position (or a combination suitable education and experience). A relevant graduate degree is desirable, at minimum, an applicable undergraduate degree is required;
• Professional and collaborative approach to the work;
• Demonstrated project coordinating and organizing skills;
• Proven ability to create and maintain an effective and positive work environment;
• Demonstrated excellent workplace leadership skills in a complex work environment;
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to write effectively for a variety of audiences;
• Experience using/developing contact management databases;
• Fluency in using various platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, MailChimp, LinkedIn, and Word Press;
• Self-motivated, driven, and organized with good time management skills;
• Experience volunteering or working in an environmental or social justice-related field, and working with vulnerable or underserved populations; and
• Commitment to pursuing environmental and social justice, equity and decolonization, and nurturing diversity and inclusivity wherever and however possible.
• As Coordinator, implement MbEN’s Fund Development Strategy;
• Improve/maintain website and build the organization’s connections and networks online and off-line;
• Coordinate and support the distribution of relevant information and articles on social media;
• Help develop strategies to expand philanthropic donors;
• Growth of membership, donation and contact database;
• Assist in the implementation of the Eco-Journal newsletter/tabloid;
• Assist in the development/incubation of new projects/campaigns;
• Assist in grant applications and reporting to various funders;
• Implement fundraising/appeal campaigns;
• Assist in the day-to-day operations of the Manitoba Eco-Network; and
• Help implement elements of MbEN’s current Strategic Plan.
The position is a one-year term internship. The intention is to make this a permanent career-oriented job. Manitoba Eco-Network is an equal opportunity employer. We seek to build an inclusive and diverse team. We encourage qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply to join our team.
Salary range: $37,000 to $41,000 per annum (dependent on experience and final job classification), 35 hours per week and benefits as per CUPE Local 2348 collective bargaining agreement. The job will start in the week of November 27.
The Eco Canada Science Horizon Internship program, which is funding a portion of this position, requires that candidates be 30 years old or younger, and a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person whom refugee protection has been conferred.
Please send your resume with cover letter, to Glen Koroluk firstname.lastname@example.org by November 21, 2023. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.