Peg City Car Co-op is looking for a Fleet Assistant! Are you interested in transportation alternatives to traditional car ownership? Do you have a passion for helping to make car-sharing a comfortable and reliable experience? Read on for a great opportunity to get on board with Peg City Car Co-op.
Peg City Car Co-op’s mission is to provide a reliable, affordable, and inclusive
carsharing program. We are Winnipeg’s first and only carsharing company, operating
nearly 90 vehicles around central Winnipeg. Our passion for creating more livable
communities is what drives us, and we aim to do this by reducing private car
ownership. Join a growing team and a local company that provides sustainable
shared-mobility options for Winnipeggers!
The Fleet Assistant supports the smooth, safe, and efficient operation of Peg City
Car Co-op’s fleet. A Fleet Assistant’s primary role is to ensure each vehicle’s
cleanliness and comfort. They’re the eyes and ears of our fleet, travelling among the
vehicles to track, report, and manage maintenance, damage, and cleanliness issues
as they arise.
The Fleet Assistant reports directly to the Fleet Manager. The core responsibilities of
the position are to:
● Visit all carshare vehicles regularly to verify vehicle readiness.
● Refuel and clean carshare vehicles.
● Track and record receipts for all fuel purchases.
● Gather and replenish vehicle supplies as required.
● Conduct minor vehicle maintenance and troubleshooting.
● Transport vehicles for maintenance or repairs and rotate vehicles as needed.
● Manage and maintain vehicle maintenance records.
● Assist with the installation of parking spot signage.
● Support member services duties by answering calls and solving member-related issues.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
Abilities and Experience
We need someone to join our dedicated team, working together to grow carsharing in
Winnipeg. Working at Peg City Car Co-op is both rewarding and challenging, and it
requires an individual to manage many tasks in a fast-paced working environment
that can change quickly. The skills we are looking for include:
● The ability to clean vehicles to established standards and attention to detail.
● Three years of customer service experience.
● Basic knowledge of how a vehicle works with some mechanical skills (e.g. changing tires or a car battery).
● Expert proficiency in a work setting with electronic communication and devices (e.g. smartphones and apps).
● Excellent project management skills.
● Experience in Excel and Microsoft/Google Docs Suite.
● The ability to lift a minimum of 20kg.
● A valid 5F license with a clear driver’s abstract.
Our business is built on a high standard of member care and attention to detail. To
excel at the position, we need someone with:
● Excellent people and communication skills.
● The ability to work proactively and self-start.
● Multitasking proficiency and the ability to stay organized under pressure.
● The utmost level of professionalism and attention to detail.
● Comfort with working alone primarily and occasionally in a team environment.
● Basic knowledge of Winnipeg geography.
● The confidence and know-how to navigate the city by bicycle or car.
What we offer
Peg City Car Co-op is a growing company with opportunities for advancement. We invest in our staff and labour to create a safe, respectful, and satisfying work environment. We provide a living wage, generous health insurance benefits, and a competitive vacation package.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and resume in PDF format to email@example.com.
The email subject: Fleet Assistant Hire. The deadline is December 31, 2022. Only
those selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Peg
City Car Co-op.