The primary responsibility is to manage our social media and build our contact base to grow the presence of the Manitoba Eco-Network (MbEN). The Outreach Coordinator will work closely with the Executive Director.
* Post regularly on social media platforms and build the organization’s connections online
* Coordinate and support the distribution of relevant information and articles on social media
* Maintenance of membership and donation database
* Contribute to Eco-Journal newsletter
* Update and redesign website with new content
* Provide support to tenants in Eco-Centre (3rd Floor – 303 Portage Avenue)
* Provide recommendations for improvement on organizations usage of social media tools
* Fluency in using various social media platforms; Facebook, Twitter, MailChimp and Word Press
* Proficient knowledge of and skills in social media platforms
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Self-motivated, driven, and organized with good time management skills
* Passion for social and environmental justice and experience volunteering or working in a related field
* Experience with using/developing databases
A total of 280 hours at $15 per hour will be rewarded for this position and some flexibility on a work schedule can be arranged on completing the tasks between June 1 and August 30th.
Manitoba Eco-Network is committed to Employment Equity and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.
Canada Summer Jobs Prerequisites
• Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
• Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
• Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com