The Recycle Everywhere Street Team are responsible for the accurate and effective delivery of beverage container recycling education, promotion, and infrastructure at events and festivals throughout Manitoba. In 2020, the role of the Street Team Member is to engage the public on litter reduction and contamination and actively communicate with event and volunteer staff on recycling best practices.
Provide positive educational interactions with the general public;
Facilitate recycling activities at events:
– Communicate with on-site coordinator during events;
– Set up and tear down of recycling infrastructure and educational booth;
– Interact with event audience (games, trivia, program information);
– Conduct behavioural observations assessments of event and event centre bins;
– Stand at event bins and educate public on the do’s and don’ts of recycling;
– Take photos to document presence at events; and,
– Conduct mascot appearances.
Work with Street Team Coordinator and event organizers to reduce contamination in event bins
Collect participant and follow-up data (e.g., iPad surveys).
Work with the Street Team Coordinator to ensure that the Recycle Everywhere Street Team
meets targets for event days and mascot appearances
Keeping warehouse tidy and ensuring event bins are clean for next use.
Delivery and pick-up of event bins.
Assist with bin deliveries, waste audits and behavioural observations, and presentations.
• Must be age of majority
• Valid First Aid and CPR (training provided if needed)
• Valid class 5 driver’s license, with clean drivers abstract
• Clean Child Abuse Registry Check and Clean Criminal Record Check
Must be willing to work long shifts, overnight trips, and weekends as needed
• Must be willing to travel throughout Manitoba
• Knowledge of environmental issues and/or recycling practices in Manitoba
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Able to take initiative, exercise tact, and discretion
• Outgoing, enthusiastic, hardworking, punctual, mature
• Able to meet physical requirements of job: lifting up to 50lbs and standing for long periods of time.