Red River College is a leader in applied learning and innovation. Our talented team of employees is passionate about education, innovation, and student success. We offer competitive salaries, extensive benefits, and the opportunity for personal and professional growth in a rewarding career.
We seek diversity in our workplace, Aboriginal persons, women, visible minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Applicants are to clearly demonstrate how they satisfy the selection criteria in their written submissions and must identify the competition number they are applying for in the subject line of the email.
An eligibility list may be created for similar casual, part-time, full-time, and term positions
The Sustainability Specialist plays a key role in advancing the strategic direction of sustainability at the
College. The Specialist is responsible for collecting and analyzing institution-wide sustainability metrics to
enhance decision-making. The Specialist identifies key performance indicators and tracks and reports on
the College’s performance on a regular basis, presenting information to key stakeholders in a variety of
engaging formats to enhance interest and awareness and spur action on campus sustainability. The
Specialist is responsible for monitoring and reporting on the College’s progress towards a sustainable
campus through third-party reporting frameworks and other means. The Specialist provides key
information and recommendations to guide strategic sustainability directions of the college and identifies
priorities for advancing College sustainability.
Using a data-driven approach, the Specialist identifies and prioritizes projects and activities based on the
depth of impact to financial, environmental and social conditions. Leading organization-wide projects, the
Specialist works with college stakeholders to design, implement, report on projects. The Specialist acts as
a strategist and resource to college departments to enhance sustainability in their areas. The Specialist
oversees term and student positions within the department and is responsible for the day-to-day
administration and operation of the Sustainability Department.
- A graduate degree in Environmental Sciences, Environmental Planning, Natural Resources
- Extensive years of related work experience
- Strong project management skills, particularly with sustainability projects, in a complex setting with a range of stakeholders
- Ability to collect, synthesize and analyze information from a broad spectrum of sources to provide
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to impact and influence others
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to write for different audiences and purposes
- Experience setting and meeting budgets
- Team player and multi-tasker who can establish and follow priorities while maintaining flexibility.
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated supervisory experience
- Proficient with MS Office Suite including Outlook, Word, and advanced Excel skills
- Values Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Commitment to lifelong learning
- Experience working in a post-secondary institution
- Change management certification
- Training and/or certification in project management
- Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- This position may be required to work evenings and/or weekends
November 20, 2019
$62,924 – 86,092 per annum
Notre Dame Campus
Full-Time Position Available
APPLY BY EMAIL TO