Tree Band Aid seeking Tree Banders for the Fall 2022 Season
Position Description: Tree Band Aid seeks an energetic, reliable individual to assist in the busy fall tree banding season. Tree banders work independently or as a team of two, installing tree bands across Winnipeg to prevent canker worm infestations.
Employment Type: Flexible Full time (3+ days per week) 9 am to 5pm, Term Contract
Term: Start date August 22nd (flexible) until September 30th, some contracts may be extended.
Remuneration: starting wage is $16 per hour, 25 to 40 hours per week. Per diems for gas and vehicle costs for those using personal vehicles.
Background: Tree Band Aid is a Winnipeg-based tree banding service, in operation since 2001. Our mandate is to protect our city’s beloved tree canopy against cankerworm infestations by installing high quality tree bands at an affordable cost.
Responsibilities: In cooperation with other Tree Band Aid staff, the Tree Banders have the following duties and responsibilities:
● Applying tree bands and tanglefoot to trees across the city
● Maintaining and updating banding records, ensuring accurate information
● Working quickly and efficiency while maintaining quality
● Ability to solve problems as they arise
● Communication of safety concerns
● Build positive relationships with staff and customers
● Delivering flyers as needed
● Other duties, as assigned.
Essential Qualifications: Must be reliable and able to work without close supervision. Key qualifications include:
● Organized, punctual, responsible and self-disciplined
● Good communication skills
● Able to work well with a team
● Ability to consistently and safely carry a 25 pound pail
● Available to work 25 to 40 hours per week with flexible scheduling options
● Vehicle access considered an asset
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter via email, email@example.com
Deadline: Open until filled