Submit Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Position Summary & Job Purpose:
The Zero Waste Coordinator is responsible for overall waste coordination and improvement of the waste management process. The Coordinator is responsible for collecting and analyzing data and monitoring the Organization’s waste management process, providing recommendations on best practices.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Division / Department Duties:
• Supports the Sustainability team improving the waste management practices
• Develops waste management policies for the Organization.
• Develops and monitors measurable waste management targets for the Organization.
• Helps implement the Zero Waste Management Program.
• Supports with Volunteer Engagement.
• Helps reduce the Festival’s landfill waste.
• Supports the Sustainability team to ensure that all events are planned with green and sustainable practices.
• Engages with stakeholders increasing sustainability awareness.
Organizational Development & Process Improvement:
• Actively participates in committees and special projects as assigned by the Sustainability Director.
• The Zero Waste Coordinator holds no financial authority.
• Bachelor of Environmental Sciences is considered an asset, but not required.
• Experience developing sustainability plans.
• Experience with waste management.
• Experience with project planning is an asset.
• Capacity to inspire and motivate a volunteer team.
• Ability to collaborate with various stakeholders with competing expectations.
• Proven organization skills and the ability to manage a variety of tasks.
• Ability to maintain and manage both electronic and paper records.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a diverse range of individuals.
• Self-motivated, collaborative and innovative.
• Ability to communicate in both French and English is considered an asset.