Manitoba Eco-Network is a non-profit organization which promotes positive environmental action.Our mission is to promote good environmental governance, support and build capacity, advocate for environmental justice, and act as a bridge between environmental organizations, the public, and all levels of government.
Communications Coordinator – Manitoba Association of Watersheds
Manitoba Association of Watersheds (MAW) is a registered charitable organization that supports Manitoba’s 14 watershed districts in protecting our water, land, habitat, and climate. Our vision is to enable all stakeholders to enhance our environment for future generations by supporting sustainable management practices. We do so by supporting the watershed districts through advocacy, communications, administration of joint funding projects, and more.
MAW is hiring a full-time Communications Coordinator to work out of our Winnipeg office. Reporting to the Executive Director, the focus of this role is to:
a) Increase awareness of watershed district programming including Growing Outcomes in Watersheds (GROW), Prairie Watershed Climate Program and other available watershed-based programs and MAW-led projects.
b) Promote, and support delivery of, the work done by MAW on behalf of the watershed districts, including the annual Manitoba Watersheds Conference, The Current magazine, social media and website, and more.
This role is ideal for creative thinker seeking to establish and support a strategic communications plan. Help MAW tell the stories of our Watershed Districts members – focusing on growing awareness of the programming available to local farmers and landowners throughout Manitoba. There is no shortage of opportunity to celebrate the progress of projects as we amplify the call to action for greater awareness of and participation in the unique programs available within each Watershed District.
The position will start as soon as possible and run to June 30, 2024, subject to continued funding, strong performance, and any changes in the skillset needed.
• Completion of post-secondary in communications, marketing or business
• Sales and marketing experience is an asset
• Experience in creating and coordinating public facing print and digital communications platforms, and driving social media
• Demonstrated oral and written communications skills and a high level of creativity and problem-solving skills.
• Administrative skills to track progress and develop key reports
• Ability to build relationships with key media contact, and identify opportunities to proactively pitch brand and corporate stories through communications channels
• High attention to detail and quality with exceptional proofreading and editing skills
• Assist in developing and organizing workshops, meetings, ceremonies and other events for publicity, fundraising and information purposes
• Experience with InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, MailChimp, SquareSpace is an asset.
• Experience working in a non-profit or charitable organization is an asset.
• Assist in developing and coordinate implementing a comprehensive, cohesive communications strategy in support of MAW and the Watershed Districts
• Coordinate and execute said strategy, serving as content lead on all materials including article development (copy writing and editing), press releases, earned media coverage (print, radio, TV, web, podcasts), social media posts, email blasts, printed pamphlets to local ratepayers, presentations, focus groups, speaking opportunities, and potentially paid advertising
• Coordinate delivery of the GROW communications plan
• Provide communications support and delivery to MAW projects, under the guidance of the Project Manager, including but not limited to: Prairie Watersheds Climate Program and Living Labs Manitoba
• Assist in coordinating annual Manitoba Watersheds Conference, including duties related but not limited to communications and promotion, administration, speakers, sponsorship and tradeshow
• Assist in coordinating outreach events targeted key demographics
• Update and ongoing management of MAW’s website and social media
• Generate sponsorship and advertising opportunities to support MAW’s operations and goals
• Support MAW’s other work as needed, such as the annual conference, magazine, project funding administration, etc.
The position will work from MAW’s Winnipeg office which is open Monday-Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm. There will be occasional travel throughout the province. Driver’s license is required.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by 4:30pm December 8, 2023. Only candidates being considered for interviews will be contacted.
November 21, 2023
Environmental Marketing Coordinator Manitoba Eco-Network
The Manitoba Eco-Network (MbEN) is a not-for-profit registered charity, which has been connecting Manitoba’s environmental community and educating the public about environmental issues since 1984. MbEN is a blend of program delivery and networking.
The Environmental Marketing Coordinator supports all aspects of fundraising and outreach activities of MbEN, including existing programs, research, and community engagement projects. Duties include coordinating our communications/outreach, implementing our fundraising strategy and building our membership and contact database. The Coordinator will work closely with the Executive Director and various committees of MbEN Board.
• Professional designation appropriate to the position (or a combination suitable education and experience). A relevant graduate degree is desirable, at minimum, an applicable undergraduate degree is required;
• Professional and collaborative approach to the work;
• Demonstrated project coordinating and organizing skills;
• Proven ability to create and maintain an effective and positive work environment;
• Demonstrated excellent workplace leadership skills in a complex work environment;
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to write effectively for a variety of audiences;
• Experience using/developing contact management databases;
• Fluency in using various platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, MailChimp, LinkedIn, and Word Press;
• Self-motivated, driven, and organized with good time management skills;
• Experience volunteering or working in an environmental or social justice-related field, and working with vulnerable or underserved populations; and
• Commitment to pursuing environmental and social justice, equity and decolonization, and nurturing diversity and inclusivity wherever and however possible.
• As Coordinator, implement MbEN’s Fund Development Strategy;
• Improve/maintain website and build the organization’s connections and networks online and off-line;
• Coordinate and support the distribution of relevant information and articles on social media;
• Help develop strategies to expand philanthropic donors;
• Growth of membership, donation and contact database;
• Assist in the implementation of the Eco-Journal newsletter/tabloid;
• Assist in the development/incubation of new projects/campaigns;
• Assist in grant applications and reporting to various funders;
• Implement fundraising/appeal campaigns;
• Assist in the day-to-day operations of the Manitoba Eco-Network; and
• Help implement elements of MbEN’s current Strategic Plan.
The position is a one-year term internship. The intention is to make this a permanent career-oriented job. Manitoba Eco-Network is an equal opportunity employer. We seek to build an inclusive and diverse team. We encourage qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply to join our team.
Salary range: $37,000 to $41,000 per annum (dependent on experience and final job classification), 35 hours per week and benefits as per CUPE Local 2348 collective bargaining agreement. The job will start in the week of November 27.
The Eco Canada Science Horizon Internship program, which is funding a portion of this position, requires that candidates be 30 years old or younger, and a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person whom refugee protection has been conferred.
Please send your resume with cover letter, to Glen Koroluk firstname.lastname@example.org by November 21, 2023. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.