SEED Winnipeg envisions a world where opportunities exist for all people and communities to realize their hopes. Our mission is to build strong communities and increase opportunities for people through financial empowerment programs and services.
The Program Coordinator will work in SEED’s Asset Building programs on the Access to Benefits team. They will help people living on a low income to identify benefits they may be eligible for and navigate benefit systems. Their responsibilities will include working with participants to:
– Apply for ID
– Open bank accounts
– File income taxes
– Apply for government benefits
– Complete benefit applications
– Practice self-advocacy and problem-solving
Successful candidates must:
– Have experience providing personalized support to individuals facing multiple barriers
– Have experience working with financially vulnerable community members
– Have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
– Be a quick learner who is highly motivated and detail-oriented
– Have strong conflict resolution skills and be a demonstrated team player
– Be reliable and punctual
– Understand the ongoing impacts of colonization
– Be proficient with Microsoft Office and other Windows applications
– Be able to work evenings and weekends, as required
SEED Winnipeg has a comprehensive diversity statement and is an equal opportunity employer. We value candidates who have lived experience living on a low level of income. We encourage candidates to self-identify in their cover letters. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Salary range begins at $43,611 per year.
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
(Attention: Selection Committee) by noon on Monday, December 6th, 2021. Applicants should provide detail on how they meet the criteria for this position in their cover letter and resume.
While SEED appreciates all applications, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about SEED, visit www.seedwinnipeg.ca.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check and must be able to meet the CRA criteria for tax volunteers. See link for details: