Welcome to the Youth Nature Keepers Network – Canadian Council on Invasive Species!
Join youth-led environmental initiatives to stop the spread of invasive species across Turtle Island and Canada. If you are between 15 and 30 years old and want to drive positive change in your community, you’ve come to the right place.
This is an opportunity to do good while gaining practical, hands-on work experience. Your actions matter, and together we can work towards a greener, cleaner future!
|Youth Nature Keepers Program for Youth|
|Canadian Council on Invasive Species|
In the Youth Nature Keepers, you will:
* Help prevent the spread of invasive species and help keep ecosystems healthy
* Acquire firsthand experience with the geography of Manitoba
* Design and lead your own community project or join another one. You can pull weeds, restore habitat, clean litter out of your community, and do much more!
* Learn project management fundamentals, budgeting, public engagement, leadership, and teamwork skills
* Get training in habitat restoration and invasive species management
* Learn how to identify invasive species and understand the impacts on our ecosystems
* Learn from Indigenous communities and knowledge-sharers
* Join a safe and inclusive space to feel welcome, supported, and valued
* Earn volunteer/service hours, a certificate of completion, and professional references
Volunteer with us! Help educate others across Canada about the importance of protecting our environment and connect with other environmentalists across the nation who are looking to make a difference. Support the goal to create healthy habitats and resilient communities, keeping them free of invasive species.
To sign up, fill out our application form!