The Special Events Coordinator is an integral part of the Development Team, which is responsible for annual giving, major gift initiatives and fundraising efforts for Habitat for Humanity Manitoba. We are looking for an energetic, dynamic individual to plan and coordinate our signature cycling events in Winnipeg, Manitoba. The position coordinates the administrative and logistical aspects of our signature cycling events Cycle of Hope, Ride Around the Lake and Muddy Waters.
Knowledge & Skills:
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role.
Job Type: Full-time
For more information and to apply, please click here.
Description: Our client, Pimachiowin Aki Corporation, is seeking a seasoned Executive Director to join their team. Founded in 2006, Pimachiowin Aki Corporation was created by First Nations and provincial governments to gain UNESCO World Heritage status for the Pimachiowin Aki nominated area in central Canada, and to become an integral part of the management system for the site following its inscription on the World Heritage list, expected in July 2018.
The position will lead and manage the organization in evolving to new roles and responsibilities associated with World Heritage inscription, including the realization of social, cultural, and economic benefits for communities. The Executive Director will create a clear vision, engage partners and stakeholders, manage financial affairs, and support the Board of Directors.
• Provides continuing, proactive leadership to the board and staff of Pimachiowin Aki in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission, vision, and programs
• Serves as ex-officio to board committees
• Identifies training needs and opportunities for Board members
• Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support Pimachiowin Aki’s mission
• Monitors, supports, and consolidates the ongoing financial health of the organization
• Oversees and implements Pimachiowin Aki’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission
• Develops, refines, and maintains a strategic plan to guide successful fulfillment of the mission into the future
• Provides effective administration of operations through appropriate allocation of resources, oversight and implementation of programs, needs and priorities
• Hires, supervises, and collaborates with contractors and staff
• Serves as one of Pimachiowin Aki’s primary spokespersons to the organization’s constituents, the media, and the general public
• Negotiates and administers joint programing by the partners
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Post-secondary education in a relevant discipline
• 5 years of management experience in an outcomes-based organization
• Demonstrated multidisciplinary project skills; comfort and experience working in social and natural sciences
• Demonstrated marketing and public relations experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders
• Demonstrated project management experience
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in board governance
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Transparent and high integrity leader
• Strong management skills with the ability to coach staff, manage and develop teams, and set and achieve strategic objectives
• Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to planning and program development and implementation
• Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
• Solid hands-on budget management skills
• Persuasive and passionate written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people, especially in a cross cultural environment
• Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations
• Strong understanding of community economic development and diversification
• Demonstrated political acumen
If you would like more information about this position or Pimachiowin Aki, please visit http://bit.ly/PA-ED or contact Paul Croteau, Managing Partner, Legacy Bowes Group at (204) 934-8821.
If you believe you can make a strong contribution to this organization as the Executive Director please submit your resume in confidence to Paul@legacybowes.com quoting position # 183142.